Thursday, 7 May 2015

Introduction

Professional introduction
The start of any new course of study is always an occasion for introspection.  It is at moments such as these that I often try to redefine myself as a teaching professional. The benefit of reflecting on your past activities is that it can help you to become a more effective practitioner in the future.
My name is O’neil Smith and I have been working for the government of Jamaica as an educator in various capacities for over eighteen years. After graduating from the University of the West Indies as a teacher of mathematics I taught at the secondary level for over ten years.  After completing my Master of Science degree in mathematics education in 2011 I was employed by the College of Agriculture, Science and Education as a lecturer in mathematics. I am presently teaching mathematics to students who are pursuing undergraduate degrees in the natural sciences.

I am confident that at the end of this course of study I will develop a broad background in integrating technology into my teaching of mathematics. One of my goals is to help my adult students to build appreciation, curiosity and loyalty to the mathematics. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O'neil,

    I am checking out your Blog.

    Thank you.

    Dr. Kanai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Oneil!

    I like your blog! I too am confident that at the end of this course of study you will develop a broad background surrounding technology.

    ReplyDelete